SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY OUTREACH
The program is aimed at propelling young persons’ intensions for science, technology and engineering careers. The program engages the youth across the country by providing face-to-face connections that bring together students, out-of-school youth on the one hand and, scientists and technologists, researchers, innovation role models, policy makers and industrialists.
- Equip young people with practical science and technology skills.
- Publicly promote science and technology.
- Bridge the gap between students, youth-led farmer groups, researchers and industry.
- Motivate youth of all ages and walks of life into science, technology, innovation, agriculture and entrepreneurship careers.
- Deliberately and diligently work towards reducing the current high rates of rural-urban migration by the youth
- Career guidance to propel the youth interests in agriculture, science, Technology and Engineering careers.
- Organize and hold “annual stakeholders` week” events during which various kinds of social marketing and awareness raising on S&T issues will take place including awarding of prizes to winners, run-ups and participants.
- A gender Science and Technology campaign for the girl-child designed to clearly communicate to all stakeholders the objectives and the content of the program and especially the empowering opportunities available through it.
- Engage the youth in identifying, planning for and implementing innovative and gainful projects in the areas of climate change, innovative commercial farming, renewable energy and natural resources management.